Facebook Instant Articles are HTML5 document versions of news and other content that, when shared in this format, offer a more optimized viewing experience for users.
There are a number of key differences here to note between regular articles viewed on the web via a mobile device versus Facebook Instant Articles. With Instant Articles:
- Content opens directly inside the mobile app.
- There is practically no wait with a load time of about 300 milliseconds (as opposed to 3.66 seconds for standard mobile web articles).
- Content is optimized for viewing right within the platform for a totally immersive experience, with high-res imagery, interactive maps, auto-play videos, and embedded audio captions.
In addition, initial research from the February and March test phase found that, when compared with regular news feed articles, Instant Articles:
- Resulted in 20% more clicks,
- Were 70% less likely to be abandoned,
- And received 30% more shares.
Facebook understands that their users want a convenient reading experience, regardless of which device they’re checking in from. They have created a way to not only deliver mobile-accessed articles as fast and as clear as the videos and images on the Facebook site, but they are also catering to an audience that wants easy, quick, and interactive access to content through social media.
To know more, get in touch with Kashworks and we will guide you through the amazing way to publish content and get it noticed.